Thank you so much, Ashley, for nominating me for the Beautiful Blogger Award; it’s my first nomination and I couldn’t be more excited! I really do love how caring and loving the blogging community can be – I have met so many amazingly beautiful gals through blogging. I’m so happy I decided to commit!
Ashley’s blog ranges from beauty to fashion to all things lifestyle, and she is the cutest thing ever. She is also a mama, like me, which gives her extra cool points in my book! Her blog is definitely one of my favorites, check her out here: Vivacious Lifestylin’.
The rules are really simple: The first thing you do is thank the person who nominated you. Second, you have to write 7 facts about yourself. They can be whatever your heart wants them to be, so have fun! Finally, you just have to nominate 5-10 beautiful bloggers that you love reading, and keep the tradition goin’!
Here are my 7 Facts:
- I am a proud mama to a 15 month old baby girl. She’s Puerto Rican, Black, and Mexican & there is no doubt that she is best friend. My bestest best friend.
- My boyfriend and I started dating because I asked him to be my prom date our senior year of High School. We’re going to make 5 years on the 26th of this month and I couldn’t be happier.
- I have always been fashion obsessed. When I was a little girl, I would always be fascinated with my mama’s shoe collection. I remember these one pair of boots she had that had this beautiful, intricate design sewed on to it – I swear that was the moment my love for shoes came to be what it is today. As I got older and started reading magazines, I started ripping them up and taping my favorite outfits, editorials, and models onto my wall. I managed to get an entire wall covered – I was very proud of that wall.
- I was born and raised in Brooklyn, NY. But I would love to live in California, Colorado, Florida and some parts of Europe, at some point in my life.
- I don’t like to admit it, but I’m a huge procrastinator! I try to keep my life organized through planners and making lists on my IPad. It does help.
- I’ve dealt with depression for a huge chunk of my life. A few years back, I made it a goal to take care of myself to ensure that I will be happy everyday, no matter what my circumstances are. I can honestly count the amount if times, on one hand, of all the bad days I’ve had so far this year.
- I have androgenic alopecia which is a genetic disease that causes hair loss. I started noticing it my senior year of high school, and it has only gotten worse since then. It got progressively worse after having my daughter. It’s my biggest insecurity but I am excited to announce that I will be shaving bald at the end of the year. The thought of being bald makes me extremely happy and I am blessed to have a partner who fully supports my decision. I am grateful for this flaw, though, because I have learned to appreciate the different forms of beauty. Beauty comes in all shapes, sizes and forms, and it is good to accept & appreciate them all.
I am excited to become the change I wish to see in the world. Bald & Beautiful.*
*I will be filming my experience of shaving bald and will also be sharing it both on YouTube and WordPress. I want to document my reactions before, during and after for both myself – it would be great to watch this experience a few years from now – but also for other women in the world who deal with alopecia. It’s something that not many people know about, and I want to share it.
Thank you so much for reading!
Happy Weekend. ❤