What better way to spend my last day then with an NYC themed OOTD video. This one was filmed by one of my good friends, Kendrin; also known as Koid24 on Instagram. Filming is his thing and I am so happy we manage to get a little collaboration video in before I left permanently.
The vision was most definitely in sync: I couldn’t be happier with the end result.
Kae and I were treated to a lil’ bowling date by Kendrin & his bae a few weeks ago. Just sit back, relax, and relive a NYC night with me.
It’s been almost 2 weeks since my trip to California & I’m still living on cloud 9. I have had a love for California since I was 13, and to have been able to actually experience the lifestyle – I really couldn’t have asked for a better way to come into the New Year.
The main reason why Darien and I ended up in California for the weekend was because of Generation Beauty hosted by Ipsy. I am super thankful to have been invited to the event through the IpsyOS team; they are really big on spreading the light in the Beauty and Fashion community and I couldn’t be more proud to be a part of their team.
I was totally overwhelmed by the amount of free make-up that was given out to the Attendees, so much so that I decided to share with y’all ALL the goodies.
Did you attend Generation Beauty in LA? How about in SF or NYC? I would love to know your thoughts and feelings on the experience.
Thank you again, IpsyOS for the invite!
As always, thank you so much for stopping by; forever and always sending my love your way.
Though I’ve been pretty MIA the last few months of 2016, one thing that I was consistently posting about was my assignments from the online course I took with Parsons & Teen Vogue.
I recently completed the course – and received my certificate – and couldn’t be more happy. I thought it would be great to share both my experiences & thoughts on the course incase you had ideas on taking the course yourself.
You can check out my review below:
Have you heard of the Fashion Essential’s course with Parsons & Teen Vogue? Are you currently enrolled? Recently completed the course? I would love to read your thought!
One of my New Year’s resolution for both my blog and YouTube channel is definitely branching out into the world of Mom Blogging. I follow so many mom bloggers who coordinate their looks with their little ones; and the swagspiration is always on point. Now that my girl is almost 2 1/2 years old, I am excited to slowly introduce her to the blogging world and hope that she enjoys it as much as I do.
I’m happy to say that our first impromptu photo shoot went pretty well.
The last month of 2016 has been a month filled with both reflections and hardcore planning. Expect to see more of me this year – and occasionally, a very special, miniature, guest.
Denim: Urban Outfitters
Beanie: The Baldie Movement
Belt: Old Navy
Scarf: Old Navy
Mittens: The Gap
Hair Clips: J.Crew
Thank you for stopping by; forever thankful for the love and support. Sending all of my unconditional love your way. Forever and always. ❤
I hope you had a great weekend bringing in the New Year. I am super stoked to see what this year has in store for me – I already have great feelings about what’s to come!
Thinking back to this time last year, I was still working on getting comfortable being a bald woman. I had shaved December 28th, 2015, with the purpose of going into 2016 with a much needed drastic change. I was diagnosed with Androgenic Alopecia when I was 18 and wanted to shave bald since then, but was scared to commit. I got over the fear and am so blessed I decided to go for the plunge!
Here are a few benefits I have gained since shaving bald and living life as a proud baldie:
Have you every thought about shaving bald or have shaved bald before? If so, what were some of the benefits you’ve gained? I would love to hear them!
Thank you so much for watching & stopping by! I’ll catch you guys on my next post.
I’m back at it again with a new Parsons x Teen Vogue assignment.
I don’t have many left to do, which is super exciting. I started this class almost a year ago! I am super close to obtaining my certificate in the Fashion Industry Essentials.
Today’s assignment is a bit different compared to the other two I recently posted up. This one focuses on playing around with your analytic information on both hootsuite.com and the built-in functions on social media websites; in my case that was WordPress & Youtube.
From the information I gathered, I learned that most of my readers are female, in between the ages of 18-24. They mostly come from the United States but I found that a few European countries [France, United Kingdom, Italy to name a few] and Brazil were other places where my content is being watched & read.
It’s really interesting learning where in the world your content is being viewed. I am definitely going to take some time to really learn how to properly use the analytical information on these tools. When examined properly, there is definitely potential of being able to use that to your advantage as far as marketing goes.
A few months back, I was sent a few haircare products from a company called Pura D’or. I have haircare products italicized because if you’ve been following me for a bit, you would know that I actually don’t have hair at all. I’m a proud Baldie.
Giving love to your scalp is a necessity. Now more than ever if you’re a baldie like me. Conveniently enough, Pura D’or contacted me at the perfect moment – they offered to send me products to help with my dry scalp! I haven’t spoken about this much in my blog or YouTube channel, but since shaving bald, I noticed that I do have issues with dry scalp. It flakes every time I clip my hair and it sometimes start itching, especially when my hair is growing back in.
I’ve been using these products non-stop since receiving them – they have even become a part of my weekly routine! I decided while doing this review video, it’d be the perfect opportunity to share my weekly shaving routine.
The products they sent me are:
Scalp Therapy Shampoo
Organic Anti-Aging Face Cream
Pure & Organic Arian Oil
Here are my thoughts on the products & my routine:
I hope you had an amazing weekend! My weekend’s been pretty chill – I spent Saturday working on a school project at a friends house & spent my Sunday doing some Spring Cleanin’. It was desperately needed; I already feel more at ease with what’s to come as far as life & time managing goes. My foundation is organized. #blessed
I managed to even get a video edited this weekend: I introduce to you my sister, Bernice.
We’ve been talking about filming this video since 2014, and FINALLY, we found time to make this Sister Tag happen. I don’t film tag videos often, so I hope you enjoy this personal video!
Sit back, relax & watch my sister and I act like fools.
Would you guys like to see more personal videos like this one? Leave any recommendations in the comments.
I’m a bit late on the ‘boyfriend jean’ bandwagon, I wont lie.
BUT, in my defense, they are intimidating – I never saw myself as the type of gal who could pull off the ‘boyfriend’ look, especially with having hips & a bit of a booty. Thank you, mama. To my surprise, I found that they are actually very fun to style. There are endless amounts of ways to rock ’em, really, & I dig it. As far as styling goes, I normally like being super baggy when rocking my BF jeans: wearing an oversized tee while wearing booties or heels to fem up the look is my go-to.
Side Note: I am currently playing around with tighter silhouettes when it comes to rocking my BF Jeans – definitely stay tuned for future outfit posts featuring them! Side Side Note: I recently went thrifting & found a distressed pair, those will also be featured soon.
What are your favorite ways to style your boyfriend jeans? Please feel free to comment down below!
*I know it’s been a while since I’ve last posted anything, but I do have honest reasons for my absence. I mentioned this leave of absence in my last video, Break From YouTube?, but didn’t think to mention it on my blog. Since this post isn’t a life update, I will address my leave of absence at the end.*
Dear 2016, you are MY year.
Though there are people who think setting goals in the beginning of the year is a bit cliche – let’s be real, they aren’t wrong about that, it is a cliche – they forget to realize that setting goals is the first step to getting anything accomplished. That’s why having New Years Resolution’s is important: we’re officially standing on a clean slate and can build anything we want on top of it.
This year, I am setting goals that will help me grow and prosper in every aspect of my life; it’s basically what I wanted & accomplished in 2015, but this year, I plan to continuously grow in areas I never thought I’d find myself. Here are a few specific things I will accomplish in 2016:
1. Work-out more/Start a toning work-out routine. I know this is another cliche, but since having my daughter, back in August of 2014, I’ve managed to loose most of my baby weight. I’m definitely not as small as I was pre-pregnancy, but I am completely in love with how womanly I feel in my current body. My goal is to find a routine that will focus more on toning instead of weight loss.
2. Drink more water. Drinking water is a necessity for the body, you can never drink to much of it. You actually can, but hydration is the key to success. #djkhaledinspo
3. Meditate more. By the end of 2016, I would like to have a daily mediation routine. I was introduced to the world of mediation in early 2015, but I started committing towards the end of the year. As of late, I have been doing it more frequently and I have noticed an immediate difference in my overall well being. I want to continue to give me this time to balance out all of my life stresses.
4. Work on time management. I’m no expert when it comes to keeping my life organized, but in 2015, I was also introduced to the power of making lists, setting goals, & planning my life; & I have officially become addicted! I want to work harder on staying focused on what’s really important in accomplishing any goals or tasks I have set for myself, it being a blog post, play date, or homework assignment.
5. Read more. I love writing, it’s why I’ve taken blogging up as a side hobby. The best way to keep my writing up to par, besides writing more, is to read more. I also enjoy diving into different worlds when I need an escape from my reality. I want to read a few books this year, no specific amount.
6. Write more. As I said in the previous listing, writing frequently helps a ton if you’re a blogger. It’ll also be beneficial for me since I am still a college student. I want to write as often as I can, it being ideas, thoughts, free-writes or even journal entries.
7. Pick up my Uke and Guitar more. I love both instruments and can play a few chords on ’em, but I really want to be able to write my own music and get lost in that world. Hopefully with bettering my time management, I might be able to learn a thing or two this year.
8. Monthly mood boards. I created a mood board at a recent event I went to, and had so much fun in doing so. Monthly mood boards came into my life during a free blogging class I took last June. SheisMelrose, who is a fellow fashion blogger, taught the class and talked about it’s benefits. With the amount of magazines I have pilled-up under my bed – and in my moms house – mood boards are the perfect creative outlet to put those magazines to good use. I plan on sharing my mood boards monthly on my blog, along side monthly wishlists.
9. DIY more. In 2015, I had a decent amount of DIY projects I wanted to get my hands on, but never got around to doing. I have a bin in my back studio filled with clothes that need bleaching, distressing, patch-work and simple stitching. I hope, again, with my improvements on time management, I can get a few projects done this year – expect those to be shared both on my blog & YouTube!
10. Thrift more. Fashion is my biggest passion, and nothing makes me happier than buying amazing pieces for super cheap. Thrifting really helps me in finding my individual style because I can buy pieces that no one else has; it’s perfect. I do plan on picking up a few quality pieces from name brand stores, but for the majority of my shopping trips this year, I want to buy used clothing. Not only is it budget friendly, but it’s also good for the environment. That’s what I call a win-win!
11. Expand DeadGypsy & Co & launch an official site. If you did not know, I am also a jewelry designer. My shop, DeadGypsy & Co., is currently on Etsy and I have plans to legitimize my shop by launching an official site which I’m stoked to announce is currently in the works. As far as goodies go, I plan on expanding my inventory with tie-dyed tote bags [which I will be tie-dying myself], handmade candles and re-introduce my handmade soaps.
12. Start brainstorming & planning future projects. I have a few other side projects I’d like to plan out further this year – those plans include creating a zine [I will be selling my zines on the DeadGypsy site], write, act & directed a web series & starting a podcast, where I will be interviewing artists from all over. I have plans, y’all.
13. Be more positive. This has been on my New Year’s Resolutions list for the past few years, and thankfully, every year I find that I am a lot more positive and content with myself than I was the year before. Loving myself has allowed me to love those nearest and dearest to me in ways I never thought possible, and I am blessed to have been able to find a decent amount of self-love last year. In 2016, I want to continue deepening my connection with my inner self to really share my love with others – it’s amazing what loving yourself can accomplish.
Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to read my list of goals for this coming year. I hope January has been treating you well & that the rest of 2016 brings you nothing but experiences, love and positivity. What are some of your goals for 2016? Please leave them in the comments below, I’d love to know!
**Explanation for my absence:
If you are subscribed to my YouTube channel, you would have saw that my last video was all about me taking a break from YouTube & there were a few reasons as to why:
I wanted to really enjoy my winter break with my family with no worries about posting on my blog or on YouTube.
Being a full time student, I also lost a bit of time with my daughter the later half of 2015 so I wanted to give her a few weeks of my undivided attention.
Plus, always having my blog & YouTube on my mind, I just mentally and physically needed the break. Blogging & YouTube does take a lot of energy from me and I wanted to really relax during this break. I needed it to really enjoy my present life.
Another reason for my absence is that I wanted to spend more quality time with myself – shaving bald is definitely a drastic change and I’m still trying to properly adjust to it. Overall, I am beyond happy that I shaved, but I still do get a bit nervous removing my beanie in public.
My final reason for taking this break is because, as much as I hate to admit it, I failed Geology, again. At times I noticed that I would put a bit more energy into my blog and YouTube over school, which is a complete no-no. I took these past few weeks to pre-filmed, pre-edited and pre-planned videos and posts for this coming semester. I cannot afford to fail classes, but I still want to be consistent with my content. I have faith that this break was exactly what I needed to balance my blog/YT, school and my home life.
To be honest, I loved this break so much that I think I might make January my designated ‘vacation’ month from my Internet life. It’s refreshing to spend time off of the web, and find inspiration in other places while experiencing different things. I feel like I am recharged and ready to take the rest of the year by storm! [There is a chance I might take a few weeks off in the summer to prep for my fall semester, but that’s still up in the air.] I hope this explains my absence better, and gives y’all a better understanding of where I am coming from. I got mad love for you, and cannot wait to grow together this coming year!
Don’t forget to either follow or leave you e-mail to be notified whenever I upload a new blog post. Again, thank you so much for stopping by!